I will use this blog to talk about games, activities, and outings that my children and I do together. I will tell not only what the adults thought about what we did, but what the children thought as well. I hope you enjoy my blog!
RSS

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Monopoly Junior Edition

 Please remember that the views expressed in my post are mine and that of my children.  You and your child(ren) may have a different opinion or experience.

S received this game as a present from Santa.
 

Photobucket

The game is for children ages five to eight years.  It costs anywhere from $10-$15.

I think the game is fun.  Do not expect traditional monopoly though as this game is a little different.  For one, the money is in smaller increments (1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, and 5s).  This is a plus though since it makes the money easier for small children to count.   Also, there is not a choice of houses or hotels to put on properties.  When you buy a property (in this case an amusement park ride/attraction)  you place a ticket booth on it so when people land on it they know they have to pay you 'admission' to the ride/attraction. If one person owns both attractions of the same color, they get paid double the admission price whenever someone lands on it.   There are also chance cards which can either give you something (such as a free ticket booth) or take money away from you.  Railroads are on the board and landing on them gets you an extra turn.  There are two ways to play.  You can either stop when the first person loses all his or her money and the player with the most remaining money wins or you can play until only one player has any money left.  The game takes much less time to play than traditional monopoly.  We play until the first player loses all his or her money and it takes about 30-45 minutes to finish a game.

S's Review

"I like it a lot" 
"It is really fun" 
"Even if you do not win it is fun because you get to play with your family and maybe your friends if they come over.  Yeah, that would be fun..have friends over and play it.  My friends like it too."

I's Review

"It was fun."
"I didn't win last time.  I will win again next time.  You have to win.  It is fun anyway."

C is really too young to play.  She seems to like watching us play though. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment